How do I apply?

Undergraduate students must apply through the Wayne State Office of Undergraduate Admissions at

Graduate students must apply through the Office of Graduate Admissions at  Please also see specific degree application procedures at:

How do I see an advisor?

Undergraduate Students:

Arabic, Chinese
, French, German, Global Studies, Hebrew
, Japanese,
Polish, Russian
, Spanish


Name: Chris Clark
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 477 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me or make an appointment online at:


MA Students 


Name: Dr. Jennifer Sheridan Moss
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 419 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me

GermanAlfred CobbsName: Dr. Anne Rothe
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 453 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me
Near EastVanessa DeGifisName: Dr.Vanessa DeGifis
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 452 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me
French, Italian, SpanishMichael GiordanoName: Dr. Michael Giordano
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 469 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me

Ph.D. Students

Modern Languages (French, German, Spaqnish)Michael GiordanoName: Dr. Michael Giordano
E-mail Address:
Office Location: 469 Manoogian
How to make an appointment: Email me


How do I register for classes?

Before you register for classes you should:

  1. Review your degree requirements to see what you need to take to complete your program. You may wish to meet with your program's academic advisor for advice on which courses you need to take to fulfill the Wayne State General Education Requirements, the College's requirements, and your degree requirements. 
  2. Check the Schedule of Classes to see what is being offered. Write down the CRN for each course you wish to register for. 
  3. Log in into Academica and go to the Student tab. Under the Registration section on the left click Register/Add/Drop.

For more information visit the Records & Registration website at and the Registration Information webpage at 

How do I declare an undergraduate major/minor?

To declare or change your major, go to

To declare a minor in a program in CMLLC, make an appointment with an academic advisor by going to

How do I complete my BA in four years?

In Fall 2015 an interactive degree plan for each Bachelor of Arts degree offered through CMLLC will be put online. The plans will lay out term by term what courses you should take to fulfill the Wayne State University General Education Requirements, the College requirements, and the requirements for your major within four years. Until the plans are online, please consult the department website and the Undergraduate Bulletin  for the degree requirements for the BA programs we offer.

You should also meet with your academic advisor at least once a year to review your progress. To make an appointment with an advisor, visit

How Do I Get Involved in Undergraduate Research?

Do you want to participate in creating knowledge and work with others to solve an intellectual problem?

  • Have you ever wanted to extend a thought beyond the limits of a course or textbook? 
  • Are there topics you wish were reflected in the course schedule but are not?
  • Would you like to contribute to the creation of new knowledge and better understanding?

Wayne State is a research university. This gives you the opportunity to work with a professor on projects that will take you far beyond textbooks and lectures, and gain professional experience in independent research, writing, and analysis.

Here are a few reasons why you should get involved in Undergraduate Research:

  • More involvement with faculty, graduate students, researchers, fellow undergraduate researchers.
  • Improve your CV, improve chances for admission to graduate and professional schools, or land a better job.
  • You'll need that recommendation letter - who better to ask than your research mentor?
  • Practical, "hands-on" learning.
  • Great preparation for employment - independent work, taking on complex tasks, open-ended problem solving.
  • Training in deep thinking, information and data gathering, data analysis and synthesis, problem solving, thoughtful writing, presentations, lab techniques etc.

Seen enough? Here is the next step:How do I get involved in undergraduate research?

How do I apply for scholarships and funding?

 ↑ back to top